Sunday, April 8, 2018

4/8 New Blog for my Upcoming UK Trip - Flags

Just checking to see how this design looks for my new blog.  I am using it to keep my family and friends updated on the long trip I will be making soon to England and Scotland.

In creating a new design, I decided to put both the English and the Scottish flags in the blog background.  Then I discovered that the British flag already has the Scottish flag included in the "Union Jack."

Here is the Scottish flag:

 And here is the British flag:

Do you see the Scottish flag buried in this design? 

I could not find exactly matching images, but you can see that the blue background and the diagonal white stripes on the Union Jack are the same as the ones on the Scottish flag!   So I learned something new. 


History of British Flags

Here are a couple of articles on how the British flag got to be the way it is today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment