Wednesday, May 2, 2018

5/1 Bus Tour of London & Aladdin

Today, I took an open-top bus tour of London even though it was still very cold.  Took the usual two Underground trains to get there, and since I ended up near the Thames, I decided to go for a walk over a nearby bridge to get some photos.  

Bus left from near Trafalgar Square.  Here is Nelson's Column, with Nelson on the very top. 


And here is the tour bus.  I got here very early, so had lots of time to sit around. 

My first view from the top.

It constantly amazes me how you can have a very old building next to a relatively new one. 


The bus stopped for a red light right at the Horse Guard.
 

Someone tried to stand next to the horse to get his picture taken, but the horse was not happy and the rider yelled at the person and had to pull the horse back!  Man is running away in lower right corner.  

This is The Gherkin" or pickle.  It is a very recognizable building, for obvious reasons.  Here is more information about it:  https://freetoursbyfoot.com/gherkin-london-egg-shaped-buidling/ 

The is the Royal Portrait Gallery.  I will not have time to see it, unfortunately.  There is an incredible amount to see in this city!

I have no idea what the next few buildings are, but here they are anyway.  At least this first one has a sign on it. 



Here comes the Tower Bridge!




I used my phone and Google Maps to direct me to the theater for Aladdin.  This is the street it directed me down.

And here is the Price Edward Theater where Aladdin is playing and I have another first row, first balcony seat.  


And the new Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was playing just around the corner. 

 I was really tired this afternoon, but felt a lot better this evening after a couple of hours rest in my hotel room. Was able to walk a lot faster and the wind and cold was not as bad as last night. 







No comments:

Post a Comment