Monday, May 7, 2018

5/6 A Long Walk in WIndsor Great Park

Another day in Windsor.  Since I had paid but not been able to take the tour of the second floor of the old municipal building, I headed there first. This is the old mayors office that Charles and Camila were married at because they could not be married in the Church of England since they were both divorced. 

It is not a big building, but it is 700 years old.  There are new and bigger facilities where the mayor now has his office.

I have always liked red doors.

This small, leaning building next door holds a small restaurant. I wonder at what angle it will fall over???

This once was a court.  



 Down the road a few hundred feet is this gate, which is the entrance to the part of Windsor Great Park which is open to the public.

I took this photo through a gate that blocks your entrance to Windsor Castle.  The wedding procession will come through the gate and down what they call "The Long Walk."

And it IS a very long walk, but also very pleasant on a sunny Sunday afternoon.



These guys were playing cricket on the private side of the fence along the walk.

 I have no idea what this house was, other than maybe a gatehouse.  Anyway, a lady came through the fence and headed to town.

This is one of the press and TV network stands that are set up along the route. 

I walked a mile to this point, and then I walked over to the road to go back to town.  Whew.

I assume this press stand is really tall because it will be at this point that the carriage containing the newlyweds turns right and heads back to town, taking the same route I did.


Heading back!







No comments:

Post a Comment