Friday, May 25, 2018

5/23 Inverary on Loch Fyne

Inverary is a small town in a very scenic area in the west of Scotland on the western shore of Loch Fyne, which is a lock that is open to the ocean.  Obviously, it was low tide when I took these photos.


And they even have great blue herons.


My hotel.  This one is very typical of small hotels with pubs and restaurants.


 And my was very typical as well, so I thought I would show you a photo.  No AC, but you could open windows, and it seldom gets very warm in Scotland.  They are into plaid, by the way.




One advantage to UK hotels are the towel warmers. 

Nice little bridge, but so narrow they had a stop light on both sides, limiting traffic to one direction at a time.


This was the original jail for all of Argyle, and it is now a museum.











 










No comments:

Post a Comment