Monday, May 7, 2018

5/7 Drive to Avebury

Picked up my rental car today, but it took forever.  Since I am renting it for 29 days, the counter guy gave me a Mercedes A-180 Hybrid for good gas mileage.  My first 50 miles were on the expressway, so all I had to do was follow the other cars.  It is a little trickier in towns, but I have managed. 

I am staying tonight in Avebury, which is close to Stonehenge and a world Heritage site for all of its henges and burial mounds.  This one, known as "The Sanctuary," was right off the country highway.  The original ring was made of wooden posts, so they have put cement posts to mark the locations.





Yup, I am driving on the right side of the road, or the left side, whatever.  It takes a lot of concentration.

Tiny car park at B&B.  I backed in to make sure I could get out. 

The driveway goes to the entrance and then to a neighbors driveway. 

This is Beckhampton B&B.



Nice pub across the street and highly recommended for food.  I was told they start serving at 6:15, so I went over there to discover they are remodeling their kitchen!  So, had to go into a nearby town for pizza.  Not much open on this bank holiday evening. 

 No TV in my room and also no AC, so I have both windows open.  Will need to check for those things next time.  Now, do you know what this is???

It is a pants press!!  You open it, put your pants in it, and then turn it on for half an hour for a nice crease!

Got some work to do and then trying to get to bed early so I can get to Stonehenge at a reasonable time tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment